The NYC MTA has posted a pdf of the latest version of their proposed service cuts. The major changes are:
- W eliminated – replaced partially with Q and partially with N – I think this is a good change although I would route the N through the tunnel
- M eliminated – replaced with V – this is a railfans dream I think – I think this is a good change as well as it will provide M and J/Z riders with access to midtown
- elimination of the Staten Island Rail special train to the ballpark
- too many bus changes to note – see the PDF below
Here’s the guiding principles the MTA used to determine the proposed cuts:
- Affect the fewest number of riders;
- Minimize the negative effects to riders (e.g., longer waiting time);
- Maintain network coverage (even if it requires lower frequency or altered routings);
- Operate service within existing service and capacity guidelines (except where otherwise noted); and
- Improve the cost-efficiency of the service provided.
You can download the service cuts pdf here.